The colon (also called the large intestine) is the tail end organ that leads where our food we eat finally ends up (if you know what I mean…)
If this essential part of our digestive system does not function properly, it will cause delayed removal of these wastes with effect that these become toxic for the body.
It has been scientifically proven that colon movements influence nervous system function which makes this a crucial organ to take care of.
What Is Colon Cleansing?
Colon cleansing is a way to assist natural detoxification processes of our body in flushing out accumulated waste in the colon wall (you purge your colon…poop a lot of stuff out).
Although our excretory system has its own mechanism for removing waste, many people believe that having regular and complete bowel movements will relieve them from various health associated problems like:
- Poor gut health
- Stomach pains
- Fatigue, bloating, irritated skin
- Heavy Metal Detoxification
- Weight Gain
- Allergies To Arthritis and Cancer
Colon cleansing is essentially done before a medical procedure such as a colonoscopy or by one’s own choice in good health.
Colon cleansing is generally done in two ways:
- The first method involves ingesting bowel clearing pills or laxatives, supplements or powders, or drinking herbal teas that release colon waste and detoxify it.
- The second method is called colon hydrotherapy or colonic irrigation, in which the colon is flushed out by introducing gallons of water into the body through a tube inserted into a person’s rectum.
As you would guess with any procedure that alters normal bodily function we must be cautious and understand the…
Colon Cleanse Pills Side Effects
The process of toxic material being eliminated from the lining of the small intestine and large intestine, especially the colon, can produce a wide range of negative symptoms and you must be aware of these if you wish to learn how to colon cleanse.
Colon cleanse has notable side effects and proven benefits.
The following is a comprehensive analysis of the 10 biggest side effects followed by what I personally did to overcome each problem:
1.) Interrupting of the Absorption Process
There are various side effects of colon cleanse pills, also known as laxatives.
Frequent use of such types of laxatives disturbs the naturally intended way of your body to clean the colon.
Washing out the tract could interrupt the absorption, causing a deficiency of certain minerals and vitamins in our body.
2.) Leads To Dehydration
One of the most common side effects of colon cleanse pills is dehydration.
Colon cleansing with herbal formulations, laxatives or enemas increase a person’s risk of becoming dehydrated if the individual does not take enough fluids.
You will be expelling a lot of fluids essential to bodily function so make sure you drink a lot of water during your cleanse to replace what is lost.
3.) Internal Damage To the Colon
Colon hydrotherapy causes severe complications like perforating the bowel.
It is also risky for people with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome or connective tissue disorders, such as Marfan syndrome because of the possible risk of puncturing a hole in the bowel as well as for anyone who had prior colon surgery or severe hemorrhoids.
This is why I personally recommend colon cleansing pills for people who want fast and safe results.
4.) Disrupts Regular Bodily Rhythm and Function
Colon cleansing causes physical and bodily side effects like cramping, weakness or dizziness, bloated stomach, vomiting and nausea.
In pregnant ladies, having active hemorrhoids is common, as is the case with people suffering from kidney disorders or problem related to dehydration.
Suddenly causing your colon to flush its contents can be very shocking to one’s body initially so proper preparation must be taken to ensure all goes smoothly.
5.) Leads To An Electrolyte Imbalance
When cleansing is done generally or is done very often, it causes electrolyte imbalances in the body, due to diarrhea and washing out of all the essential digestive salts and enzymes from the body.
Altered levels of sodium might cause lightheadedness and low potassium level that may in turn cause cramps or palpitations.
Long-term electrolyte imbalance and mineral loss can lead to severe and chronic health problems.
This is why I only recommend occasional cleanses, it keeps this from happening to you, especially if you aren’t monitoring your electrolyte levels.
6.) Interrupts Normal Liver Function
Our body has an in-built detox system that uses liver to remove toxins and harmful wastes from our body.
Use of laxatives interfere with he biological mechanisms of the liver and push the system in an extreme way.
7.) Often Causes Digestion Problems
Colon cleanses wash out all the bacteria present in our digestive tract.
A lot of bacteria in the colon are very healthy and essential for the digestion of food.
They keep the bad bacteria in the body at bay. So colon hydrotherapy disrupts the bacteria in the colon and can cause an imbalance in the micro-biome of the body.
Probiotic cleansers like Bowtrol offer a great solution to this issue.
8.) Intrusion Into Medication Absorption During the Cleanse
After a colon cleanse, the physiological activities of a person decreases and this affects drug absorption.
Thus, a person on medications will be affected by the procedure and the effect of the drug will be subsequently low.
Purging the large intestine does not allow medications to fully absorb properly if taken during a cleanse.
9.) Can Cause Allergies
Colon cleansing often follow up with allergy risks for a few people.
If you develop symptoms such as swelling, hives or trouble breathing, you should immediately discontinue this process.
While many people may overlook these allergic reactions, the very fact that they occur in the aftermath of an already compromised immune system makes their occurrence a matter to be addressed with urgency.
10.) Sometimes Induces Dependency
Dependency to enemas and cleanse products is another side effect of colon cleansing. Enema replaces your body’s natural ability to eliminate waste products and makes you habitual of it. It is important that you should not become dependent on them for your bowel movements, as this will compromise your health functioning.
Solutions To These Symptoms
You are likely still thinking, “Is A Colon Cleanse Safe?…these all sound pretty bad”
I had many fears when I started my colon detox and I only experienced a few of these symptoms of cleansing pills.
While colon cleansing presents myriads of problems, there are actually circumstances where it would be very beneficial.
In that case, it serves better to understand some of the solutions to the side effects and the following are some of them:
- Do not cleanse your colon too often. Colon cleanse pills side effects only happen when you overdo things and do this constantly Do it only when you are in an emergent need of it.
- Keep you body well-hydrated and make sure you drink enough water and consume plenty amount of food that is rich in electrolytes like magnesium or potassium. Additionally, eat enough vegetables and fruits to prevent kidney, liver or heart related problems
- In case you use colon cleanse pills, make sure you choose the natural laxatives, with supplements like aloe Vera, protein, collagen, magnesium, triphala and psyllium husk. They keep the digestive tract nourished and help produce regular bowel movements.
- Keep a check on problems like dehydration, dizziness or excessive thirst and muscle weakness. These are easily manageable and do not have to degenerate into full blown health conditions.
- Take a nutrient rich diet, high in fiber and avoid fast foods, artificial ingredients, and processed snacks.
- In case you need colon cleanse, check with a medical practitioner first, especially if you have any health problems such as kidney or heart disease or you take any medications.
- Increase physical activity and practice some exercises that will increase the blood flow throughout the body and will make easier for your colon to work efficiently.
- Avoid consuming excessive amounts of red meat or foods that contain saturated fats. These are bad for your colon during a cleanse.
- Garlic is a great herb due to the presence of vital chemical compound allowing in it. It does not affect the functioning of useful organisms of the micro-biome in the intestine, which aid in digestion, but it does destroy the harmful bacteria present in the intestines. In turn, this helps in detoxification of the body wastes naturally. It assists in normal functioning of the intestines promoting healthy digestion.
It Is Important That You Try Things Out…
As long as you follow those solutions above and keep your frequency of treatment down you will see great results like I’ve seen for myself.
Overall, I really do believe that a colon cleanse is worth it since it gives you a “lightness” like you’ve never felt before.
It is all about knowing what is right for your body and keeping things under control so you feel better, not worse.
So if you really want to start your colon cleanse the right way check out this complete guide to cleansing your colon where I show you the best colon detoxification pills and products to get the fastest results.
Your well-being is too valuable to not pay attention to, take action today to get things moving in the right direction!
Next Post >>>